Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Woohoo! Slavonian grebe on Barrow lodge.

I managed to find a free half hour today....and the Slav grebe stayed! Phew! I'd have hated to miss such a good twitch in my own backyard. I was in Blackpool this morning and planned to stop at Marton mere to see the long eared owls. However, I called Jill to see if the Slav was still there. It was and I changed my plans. Jill had already been round to photograph it, just in case I didnt get the chance.

The first photo with the mallard is Jills, and the rest are mine, taken thru the scope.

Click on pics to enlarge












1 comment:

Mike Watson said...

Hi Neil, Glad you didn;t miss it!
Let me know your number and we can make sure this doesn't happen again. Best regards, Mike
http://mikewatsonsdiary.blogspot.com