Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Saturday 19 January 2008

Barrow lodge again

Popped over to the lodge again today to see how the Slav was getting on. Its still there and I thought I'd get some better pics in the slightly better light today.


















The Slav had other ideas though, and dived or moved every time the sun came from behind a cloud. Infuriating and frustrating! Quite a few other local birders out today in the better weather, one I remembered from last April, up Pendle hill, twitching the Dottrel.






































Anyway, I spotted another UK2007 list tick for me in the shape of a common kingfisher, one of my fav British birds.






















































Thats 74 species , so far , this year.

No comments: