Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Monday 7 January 2008

Dean clough reservoir

I'm working nightshift this week, so this means I've got some time for birding in the morning, whilst running errands before I sleep in the afternoons.

Weather still terrible, so all the birds must be sheltering somewhere!!!

DC reservoir only yeilded 1 more new '08 list tick, in the shape of Goldeneye. Circa 14 birds including 4 drakes.

























10 or so BH gulls, 2 cormorant, a pair of mallard and a coot also on the water. Very few passerines around, I expected stonechat and brambling here but nothing barring a few tits, a robin and a kestrel.

Had a quick scan of parsonage reservoir....nothing! nada! zilch! where are all the birds??

I stopped quickly at upper barrow lodge on my way to the supermarket for my first Great crested grebe of the year


















but no kingfisher on the fishing pond. :(

Heres the view of Pendle hill from the pond




No comments: