Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Thursday 19 June 2008

Hi folks,

I've been way too busy recently. Havent posted for a week. Havent seen a new uk08 species for a month!

More garden birds fledging, here in Clitheroe.
GS woodpeckers, at least 3 young, very vocal , but I never did know the nest location.
Dunnocks and greenfinches have fledged.
Still more blue tits fledge (6 nest box broods at least)
Chaffinches still in nest on trellis.
Tawny owl still roosting near box, but no signs of breeding.
I'm giving the kestrels nestbox plenty of space but will post photos again next week.

I'm off to Sherwood forest this w/e to see forestry commission "Crowded house" gig in the woods.
We'll be camping nearby, in a place where there should be barn owls!

I'm back on duty with the hen harriers next w/e. The chicks were ringed this week.

Check out this link for details.

No comments: