Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Sunday 1 July 2007

Heres Treakle! ( I think he's only been on this blog once before). Happy to be out in the only sunshine we've seen for more than a week. The good weather was shortlived, but at least we got out for a bit of bike tyre wrestling.

(as usual, click on photos for bigger view)




































I went to check on the tawny owls also, Treakle distracts them for me, while I sneak up. You can see the owl looking down at Treakle in the first picture, and watching me in the next. The owls dont seem too bothered by sheep, horses and even dogs below their tree, but dont like me getting much closer than this.....







































I watched a carrion crow kill and eat a baby rabbit yesterday. Proves they dont eat only carrion eh? It was more efficient at the killing and eating than the sparrowhawk that I videoed last week. But not so good at the initial attack, it saved some meat for its young too.

Also yesterday, 2 moths -1 "orange underwing" and 1 "dark arches"

No comments: