Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Saturday 5 May 2007

Nipped up to Moor Piece yesterday and got 2 crackin migrant arrivals, pied flycatcher and wood warbler. A pair of jays, garden warbler singing (didnt see it though) and plenty willow warbler around too. Very easy to watch from the road through the woods. I had the wrong equipment with me though, so I fancy an early start tomorrow to see if I can video them and record their calls.

As usual, click photo to see larger version

Owl-wise (pardon the pun), I've found a web diary of a guy in kent who's had some success with tawnies in his nest boxes. It may indeed be that my pair arent breeding this year :(
Heres a link to his very informative site-

http://www.godsownclay.com/Owl_nesting_diary/owlnestingdiar-3.html

Makes my nest box look a little rudimentary too. Maybe I'll re-furb it and install cameras before next year.

No comments: