Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Andean Solitaire
Wow!! I'm so impressed !!!
A guy called Mark Harper has IDed my Ecuador birdcall as an Andean Solitaire. Whats more.....he seems to have done it from my description as "metallic squeeky gate". He answered my post on birdforum with reference to an amazing website called "xeno-canto"
If you click on that link and select the 9th file down (by Nick Athanas) it plays the Andean Solitaire call exactly like my recording. This ID really shows the learning possibilities of the web, 10 years ago I'd never have got an ID for it. I'm delighted!

PS I never did see the actual bird!

PPS If anyone is having problems hearing the call (in the previous post), could you please comment at the bottom of the post, so that I can try to remedy the problem.

No comments: