Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Red Throated Diver at Foulridge res.

I was on the M65 today, so decided to continue on to Colne to see if I could get a look at the RT diver reported there.

Managed to dodgyscope a few shots from the fishery end until a NIMBY (not in my back yard) fisherman came along in his private reg range rover and told me I was trespassing. If I ever win the lottery, I'll buy up all the reservoirs in Lancs, just to deny these toffs the opportunity.






























I moved on up to the causeway end, which allows a view of another part of the reservoir. Plenty of goosander, canada geese and dancing great crested grebes. Also, 2 pairs of oystercatcher at the top end and a flock of common gulls. Actually, these are my first common gulls this year, so they certainly dont live up to the name "common".


No comments: