Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Monday 27 August 2007

Glossy ibis at marshside
Jill and I went to Southport for the weekend for aunty Annes birthday. This was a great opportunity to visit RSPB Marshside, to look for the GLOSSY IBIS that has evaded me for the past year.















After only 10 minutes at the "sandgrousers" hide, the ibis came out of the long grass for me. Only showing for a few seconds at a time but I eventually managed to dodgyscope it.
















10 minutes later I scored another 2007 tick in the form of a LITTLE EGRET. One of half a dozen reportedly found around marshside, but I havent seen one since RSPB vane farm in 2006. Managed another couple of dodgyscopes.




























At a closer range some shots dont turn out too bad.
This common sandpiper was scoped from 15 meters away.














Snipe














Lapwing, redshank and juv starlings















Herring gull















Juv white wagtail















Redshank













Eclipse male wigeon

No comments: