Ornithology and wildlife around East Lancashire, Pendle hill and the Forest of Bowland, by Neil Mitchell

Monday 25 January 2010

Weekend in Glasgow















I didn't expect to further my 2010 list on a pissup weekend in Glasgow... but I did.
My hotel was right on the Clyde. I saw my first meadow pipit (78) of the year on a building site in the city centre.
After a night out at the Stand comedy club, we dawdled along the river to the nearest weatherspoons for hangover brekkie. Spotted 4 female goldeneye (79) and then six males a bit further along. Then, at last, number 80 on the list this year 3 GREENFINCH! Where have they all been?
After another night on the beer I spotted a pair of Peregrine (81) hunting together over the city skyline. Possibly the pair that nests high in the Kelvingrove museum.

So this will be my last post here until I return from a scuba trip to Lanzarote.

This film, that I made in 2007, recently won a competition. The prize is flights, hotel and car hire in Lanzarote for a week.







Obviously, I'll be filming underwater again, but when not diving, I plan to film the Houbara bustard displaying as well!





















Back 2nd Feb, watch this space!

No comments: